ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, July 04, 2009

It's been a wonderful day. The husband took the kids out this morning, and this afternoon I had them. Tiffany played in the sprinkler as I watered the lawn. She then played in the wading pool for another hour. Total- about three hours outside, with fresh air, and lots of sunshine. She's growing again. I am crediting the fresh air with her happiness. Nothing like being able to go outside whenever she wants to make her happy; it never gets hot enough here that I have to keep her inside all day.

Robbie was less impressed with the sprinkler. He found himself sitting in it's path at one point, and couldn't figure out how to stop it. All he knew was that he was wet, he was being rained on, and he Did Not Like It.

There's a strong possibility that we'll be getting a second car in the next few weeks. Friends of ours are leaving the service, and have decided not to take their truck with them, and what with one thing and another they offered it to us as a going away present. I'm tickled pink at the thought of being a two car family at last. I'm also not counting trucks before they arrive.

Tonight I tried out a recipe from the Saving Dinner website. Herb Braised Chicken Thighs. I made it without the red potatos, but with a generous portion of the carrots, and it turned out delicious and extra saucy- for my bedtime snack tonight I'm going to add a quarter cup of brown rice to help soak up the sauce, and it will be yummy. Blood sugar has been behaving itself lately, and I'm learning more of the art that is keeping my sugar under control. After dinner glucose on the high side? An extra unit. After dinner glucose on the lesser side? A little less of the insulin at bedtime. Half as many carbs as protein in everything as a general rule of thumb.

Hope everyone else is having as good a day as I'm having.

No comments: