ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

God.
How did I live before this? I sortof remember going to work, putting on clean suits and brushing my hair back into a silver clip every morning, and wearing sensible shoes. I remember being a 'Mary Poppins' of receptionist divas, putting out fires and soothing nerves with a smooth smile and a pleasant manner. These days I drag myself into clothes around 9 AM, if I'm doing well, and yank my hair up in a scrunchie, and there are no performance reviews, or people to greet, or executives to take care of. There's just flipping channels on the tv in the background, and feeding the baby, and learning what her tired cry sounds like. I can avoid a lot of unpleasantness if I can head off her cranky times, and that means that I can sometimes lay down for a nap.

I spend more time in my kitchen than I used to. I love playing in my kitchen, and I think I forgot that when I was pregnant, and before that when I was working and just trying to get through the day so that I could go home and rest. And lately Munchkin's started to smile at me from time to time. She gets this delighted look on her face, and looks up at me, and I want to think that any time now she's going to start laughing.

Smooshable. I love my girl.

No comments: