ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Sunday, September 25, 2005

I was laying in bed last night and thinking about this site. I felt bad because I hadn't written much lately, what with being away from the internet for a while and all... but then I thought what the hell. It's not likely that many people read it in any case. --Hi, if you're reading this-- waving arms wildly. My little girl is nearly mobile now. What the fuck? It seems like just a little while ago that she was a little baby buritto in the NICU, and I was freaking out over her coming home one day. Now she's sprawled out, completely in charge of the middle of the rug, and guarding her prop&play like it's a snow fort. Yeah, the VCR is really going to attack her suddenly... She's tired. She's teething. She's not willing to lay down and take a nap today. For some unbeknownst reason, every bottle I've made her today has gone bad in less than an hour. Not good. Maybe it's the heat? Maybe the fridge is losing it's chill power?

I know that I have to clean the fridge again before it turns into a science experiment to rival Dr Frankenstein's Creation. There are leftovers in there that are so old I don't remember what month I cooked them in. There is a mushy half-cut onion that is starting to smell through the plastic bag. I don't want to discuss the state of the sour cream. It's not so much that I shove stuff in there and forget about it, it's more that I shove stuff in there and then selectively forget that it's there, and I'll see it and plan on throwing it out fifteen times before I finally do that.

I did manage to start budgeting better, and hopefully I can get back to running this household on less than $80/month for groceries. It's not that I have to do it that tight right now, but it makes me feel better about myself for some odd reason. The genetic ghosts of my pennsylvania dutch and scotch-irish forebears are beginning to surface. Before I know it, I'll be adopting the plain dress and covering, just like I thought about doing at a particularly bad part of the pregnancy. Wouldn't that make my husband rip out what's left of his hair?

No comments: