ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Ever start a project that turned into something with a life of it's own? I could blame this entirely on that I am reading knitting books and websites right now. I could attempt to blame it on my love of soft and sparkly and shiny and all the brilliant colors that yarn comes in. That would be just wrong... I started out to make a hooded towel, but then it acquired heathered grape-purple stripes, and the next step in my head is to pick up a border of cream and maybe a real thin edge of blue when it's all done.

And that's cool. So I'm knitting and lusting after fibers and dreaming of some lacey and cobweby creation of lace and fluffyness, silk yarn and mohair and smooth alpaca, with some teeny glass beads and a bit of gold sparkle. I'd hang it on the wall and call it art.

1 comment:

Sarah and Jack said...

LOL, my WHOLE life is one giant outta control project!