ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, July 11, 2005

it's just a bad dream
keep telling myself that and it'll be alright
none of this is real

the crying in my heart is not real
happened to someone else
somewhere else
it wasn't me and nothing will change that
just a bad dream

the aching in my skin won't go away
tearing in my spirit won't stop
the wounding of my soul breaks all the rules
another bad dream

i know i'm going to wake up any second now
i'm going to be safe in my bed with my love beside me
holding my shoulders back and calling my name
summon me back to the world of the living
because none of this is real
that's how i can stand things tonight
none of this is real
it's a bad dream and soon i'm gonna wake up
the sun will be shining
we'll go out for breakfast and hot tea
crisp air to liven the blue sky
and it'll be alright again

somebody wake me up and let me end this dream

No comments: