ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I've got to say; post-partum depression really sucks. Today I felt it crashing down around my ears twice. Both times I just wanted to curl up in a little ball and die. Not even my girl crying in the other room made any sort of impact on it. I just felt empty. So I'm back taking my prozac religiously, and I'm trying my best to block these feelings out, and I'm trying to deal.

and god, this is as hard as it was when I was just pre-partum depressed and trying not to cut myself again.

these days I don't know what's going on. Just have to go one step at a time, one feeding, one diaper, and try not to cry. Because I'm just feeling a complete lack of joy in everything today. There's very little interest in anything, and it's awfully hard to motivate myself to do anything extra.

1 comment:

Ezraiya said...

just remember that PPD is normal. Most new mothers go through it. I can't give you my own advice on it because I've never had a baby. I can only tell you what I've been told.
Take every day one at a time. Also, if it helps, talk to your husband or your mother (since she's there). I'm sure the hospital has a group you can go to, if you need to.
xhugsx