ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, July 01, 2005

Whooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go, Munchkin, go Munchkin. Rah Rah Rah. Go Munchkin...
ahem.Ignore the proud and vindicated Mama in the corner. But I'm just so fricking PROUD of my baby right now. She found the Holy Boob, and latched herself on, and she Got Milk.
With the widest, most unsure, horrified eyes I've ever seen in an infant. She didn't know what was going on, or why, or what to do about it other than suck and swallow. Now she's finishing her feeding in her grammy's lap, being told what a good girl she is.
This is so cool. Lactivists can go kiss my pasty white ass. I am *not* a failure at moo-cow-dom. I am *not* a sad excuse for a mama. And even should we never do this again, I'll always have this moment to hold away in my heart.

1 comment:

Ezraiya said...

Great belly laugh from this corner!! Congrats on being able to lactate finally. I know it's been hard for you. Now that she's been able to latch on, there's no stopping her now.