ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

There is something that seems fundamentally wrong about the yeast I just bought at costco. I came home and checked the jar in the fridge- you bakers will know what I mean. The little jar that you get that is about 4oz of yeast and you buy for about 8 bucks?

At costco they have red star yeast in a big freeze-dried brick. 32oz. $3.24.

I swear, I'm not going to argue with it but it seems WRONG. So this is a big savings for the thrifty housewife. 8 of those little jars = 1 brick so 8*8 is a lot more than $3.24

So to celebrate this huge saving I bought Tiff a giant plush hippopotamus chair. It's soft and her size.

1 comment:

Sarah and Jack said...

Ahh, Jack and I Love "cocos!" (that is what Jack calls it.) The thing that gets me is spices. One tiny jar of curry at the supermarket is $8, at our local spice shop, it is a huge tub for under $2. Hardly seems legal...