ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I feel so old.

Just when I think that juggling the kids is getting easier, or when I have a workable system in place, everything goes belly up for a few more days and all my good intentions of blogging and checking blogs and keeping in touch with the world outside of this household has gone. I am pleased to report, however, that we have yet to end up on the news. The baby has avoided a rehospitalization, he has been weaned successfully off the NG tube and now takes all his food by bottle, and the Toddler is still enjoying every interaction with her little brother- despite his continued refusal of sharing her lunch and snacks.

The funniest thing... she tried to feed him a corn dog. He was hungry, she recognized it, popped her corn dog into his mouth and when he stopped crying for a moment in shock at this concept she giggled and danced away. Proud of herself for helping. For sharing. I applaud her willingness to do these things even as I shake my head at the logic that led her to it.

In a few short weeks (less than a pay period- yikes!) my mom returns to the east coast. I lose my backup during the days. Let's face it; apart from the weekends I lose my backup pretty much entirely. The Boy is willing to help as much as he can, but he's working long hours with wierd people and I know he's dragging so much at the end of the day. It's sometimes all he can do to stay awake until 7 at night before he's asleep. On the other hand, he does get up at the early morning feeds so that I can get uninterrupted sleep. This is why I love the man.

No comments: