ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, March 16, 2009

In this age of financial hardships it's always interesting to take a peek into other areas. People are so prone to narrowing their views, not seeing beyond their own fields into what else is out there. I like taking peeks into other industries. For instance, I know what my life is like as a renter of a home. I've been involved in applying for housing, the credit checks, the calls to the leasing office when something or other goes wrong, the followup calls when the first dozen get lost, the other stuff... Real Property Management is a peek on the other end. I didn't know all the stuff that goes into owning a home and then renting it out- other than the sorts of things that end up on court tv shows. I skimmed the website and then started thinking, what happens to people who buy a new house, and end up unable to sell their former home? If it doesn't sell, and doesn't sell, wouldn't you try to rent it out? At least get some kind of income coming from it to offset the property taxes and maintenance fees. The thing is, renting out a property can be a large headache, and sometimes a person doesn't want to deal with that either. So, a property management company takes care of it for you. For a price, they'll handle everything connected to the property. If I was fortunate enough to be in that situation, I'd be first in line to have someone else take care of it for me.

No comments: