ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, March 16, 2009

It's wet and chilly again today. The damp is starting to creep in, and I'm thrilled that unlike the last house, this one seems to have fully functioning weatherstripping. I can feel a mental draft, but not a physical one. In the days to come I know I'll be starting to think fondly of my years in the desert. It may have been insanely dry and hot, but it was definitely not cold and damp. I hear that Scottsdale Arizona weather is about 80 degrees. That's not so bad. I could use a shot of that right about now.

On the other hand, how many years have I been bitching about not seeing rain? How long have I been missing real weather, and seasons, and isn't this cold dampness a part of weather? I can't pick and choose what weather I want at any given time. It's not a chinese menu option.

I need to just sit back, throw on another pair of warm socks, and dream of wool. Or other warm fibers. I could be living in Canada, after all, where I'm sure it's a lot colder and damper. Someday I'll be warm again, probably in a few months when the seasons turn. In the meantime I'll just sit here and enjoy the damp, and try not to daydream about handing over my future to the relocation team.

Not as much, however, as I enjoy the lack of draft when the wind howls.

No comments: