ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, May 21, 2005

I am still waiting
a candle is lit in the window of my heart
keep the faith
light her way home to me
this candle was lit for so many before her
friends, loves,
I light the candle in my heart to be a beacon of faith
those that leave will return home
they will not be forgotten
I will be faithful to the memory
I will hold fast
walking on the shore, staring at the sea
waiting for my husband to return every time he leaves
the cruel tides carry him away
yet he always returns

The same candle will light a beacon for our child
She will see the flame in the darkness
feel the love waiting for her here
My arms are empty without you
Grief rises in my throat
I soothe it with the promise that you will return
hold my arms and tell me that you come home to me
Let me learn to care for you
I shall not fear to love you

No comments: