ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Despite a beautiful dinner laid on by my mother, today ends in ruins, with tears and vomitting. With highly distraught children, screaming. With the Boy being concerned that his stitches just popped during the last cleanup. With me searching out the website for the hospital to just make sure that the urgent care clinic is open 24/7. With setting down the criteria that will be met before I take my second child to that clinic.

Not the way you want to start a week. Not the way to end a sunday.

Instead of an early, peaceful bedtime, I'm running two more loads of laundry, staring at a sink of dirty dishes, and praying that it will go better tomorrow. That there will be nothing but calmness tonight.

Because lord help us all if it's more of what we just did.

No comments: