ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

This past week has seen a lot of my newly started routines around the house sputter. They didn't get done; I managed to scrape by with the bare minimum happening. Dishes, clean counters, and trash taken out daily. The rest of the house- laundry piled in clean drifts in the laundry room waiting for me to fold and put away. The toys lay where they fell at the end of the day. The children were fed and dressed in clean clothes and not much beyond the daily playtime happened.

This can change. Today I made the choice to stay home rather than get everyone up way too early, and we slept in. I was too exhausted to move. The children were worn out from the past couple of days. We all needed to sleep. And now I'm plowing through the day, five minutes at a time. Dishes are put away. Dirty ones are going to live in a pan of hot soapy water. The weeds in the front yard that poke up in tall clumps every few feet are being trimmed down. Yes, I'm using a pair of scissors and cutting the grass. It's not as strange as it sounds. The majority of the yard is still low-growing and very trim, it's just those clumps that stick way up and make the whole thing look so untidy. Much cheaper to chop them off then to pay the lawn service $30 to come and mow this week. Let them come back when we have something to do that's worth the fee.

Right now, today, I'm getting things done. Feeling positive. I can do this.

No comments: