ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I went from a 36G/H to a 36D on the 19th of September. In about three weeks I feel different. Better, lighter, more sore in certain places when I stretch and move in certain ways. My clothes fit better. As we figured would be the case.

I can't begin to describe how much prettier I feel on a daily basis. This, in spite of the scarring that I'm told is going to be worse than most of these procedures, because of both the amount of tissue removed and my own personal skin characteristics in those areas. The doctor took about half of each breast away. The skin around the area is tighter. One side effect of this removal is that the breasts got lifted as they were reshaped. I have the perky breasts of a teenager. Nipples are several inches higher- instead of sitting well below the breast crease they now proudly sit at the appropriate level. The nerve endings of the aerola are rebonding with the nerve endings of their new position, causing a pins and needles sensation not unlike letdown. I'm applying a cream to my scars everyday to help with the scarring.

And yet... the secondary infection that we feared did not happen. I am healing at the rate I healed from the c-sections, and I am looking forward to the day that I can exercise and work up a sweat without hurting from my boob-bounce.

I have been doing a lot of crafting this week. Working on some stuff for the Virtual Craft Show. Christmas is coming up, remember, and we all have someone in our lives that from time to time needs a little gift. Thought doesn't have to be a big thing, and a handcrafted item both supports "local" artists and ensures a certain uniqueness. New listings include a wrap necklace (I wrap it three times for a nice length of necklace, and about 10 times on my wrist to make a bracelet that my kids both love to fiddle with). Nothing fancy, but it's a simple piece and serves more than one function.

If you're inclined to help support this site please browse our widget ads. There could be a few great deals to be found, and sometimes you find stuff that you didn't know could fit a need in your home.

No comments: