ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Thursday, October 30, 2008

That greenish thread I was telling you about? Scrumptious. I'm still trying to figure out how to describe it accurately; a picture of it just doesn't capture the shimmer right. Bluish green. Shimmery. Laceweight- I'm using two strands to weave with, warp threads are sturdy ecru cotton that was left from the beige and red tape I just finished.

I just the answer would be to think back those pearlescent finish notebooks that were all the rage when I was in grade school. It's like that. A pearlescent shimmer over the face of the green. Lake is a good descriptor. That's what it was tagged at on ebay, but I don't know the make of the thread or anything else about it. Probably a good thing, because if I did I'd be sorely tempted to track down more of this and see how many other shades it comes in. And make lace in large quantities from it. Pretty, shimmery, colored lace like cobwebs of dragon wings.

No comments: