ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Sunday, November 16, 2008

As the holidays grow nearer I find online window-shopping to be a lot of fun. There are now websites catering to all interests and tastes, they never close, and if the kids need to interrupt mommy's downtime I can easily move away from the site and be whatever and whoever they need me to be. I've got a lot of different types of people among my friends and family. There are engineers, artistic types, crafty types, and outdoors types. It's always the outdoors type that make me want to rip my hair out when it comes to gifting. This is because I'm just NOT that way. I kinda get why people want to be outdoors. I enjoy walking through botanical gardens and I like nature walks, but I've never seen eye-to-eye with those who scale cliffs for fun or want to sleep outdoors at night under the stars. Maybe I like indoor plumbing too much. Maybe it's more that I don't want to have to use a fine-tooth comb on my hair to evict creepy-crawlies at the end of the mission. Whatever. This means that window-shopping on adventure gear websites is a true adventure for me. It's safe- I never have to worry that I'll reach for my credit card in the middle of the night. I get to drool, and fantasize about using the really cool stuff, like Luminox watches, out in the field. Glow in the dark stickers have nothing on the serious gear. If I had access to the cool toys? Maybe I would be open to converting. Maybe not. Who knows.

No comments: