ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

working
working
working

my brain is working. Tons of thoughts, tons of processes, and I'm coming to the tail end of my typical fanfic binging with the same realization. That I always do this when I'm forming characters in my brain, that I form them to fit a particular universe and flesh them out there, then move them into my own worlds and settings for the writing. That I can produce some pretty nifty stuff, when I can get the overwhelming angst-iness out of the way, when I can settle down and do the work.

The other half of my thoughts this morning is taken up by the sickening realization that there is fanfic written about everything and anything. Including the muppets. God help us all. I mean, nothing against it as such, but really. Really. I tend to read fanfic for the angst and drama and tragic thingies that release my own inner drama queen in a safe and quiet and above-all non-personally-re-enacted way. Muppets just don't play into that for me. I can honestly say that I've no wish at all to visualize Kermit and Piggy in a bondage scene.

I hope that last image does as much for whoever reads this as it does for me. Pass the brain bleach?

No comments: