ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, March 03, 2007

I sometimes feel all lonely and upset and depressed that I'm the only mama I know, and that I haven't made any friends here, or that I don't even know anybody except the lady at the realty who rented us this house... then I start thinking about the good stuff I've gotten done since moving here. Let's face it, I've had worse problems than not being completely unpacked and not knowing anyone.

So here's a short list of the Good Stuff:

the Boy is having a good experience in his new post. 'Nuff said.

the rent is paid, the utilities are being sorted out and on schedule to be all caught up and on a payment schedule (x, y and z on the midmonth, a, b, and c on the end of month)

I know where all the major shopping spots are that I need to know: the walmart, target, three grocery stores to suit my budgetary needs, the NEX gas -yay for gas that's nearly 20cents below the in-town average-, the Costco, the postoffice, and the bank.

We have on demand digital cable. This is a first for us, and I'm enjoying being able to get CSI fixes without having to attempt to remember that a) it's on tonight and b) find a blank tape and set the vcr, and then try to remember to watch it later. Instant gratification is not always good, but here it's crucial.

We have a washer and a dryer. In the house. Not coin operated, does not require me to leave the house lugging baby and laundry. Again, 'Nuff said.

Actually, the washer/dryer thing would be a reason to rejoice all by itself.

Tiff is sleeping through the night again. I'm sleeping better again, without the help of modern chemistry. The Boy is sleeping better, although he still has this weird idea of getting up before the rooster in order to play his games. He is also on the verge of once more getting scolded for expecting that his desires and plans for the day can overrule Tiff's plans for the day. I have to cope with it, and I'm not allowed to melt down, have a smoke break, or otherwise do other than deal with her needs and desires, so why does he get to do it? All this, and he gets to go to work during the day. Real work. Out of the house. Bah.

I still have it better than him, no matter how much I get jealous of his out-of-home experiences. We'll work it out. I'll be more understanding, he'll be more accomodating. Could be a hell of a lot worse.

No comments: