ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, March 19, 2007

There are days which pass too quickly, and days that don't seem to pass at all. Which is this going to turn out to be? I had intended to try and shorten Her Ladyship's nap today; given that she doesn't like them, it took her most of the day to take one last week, and it was just a hassle. And then she comes to me this morning saying "sleepy". Who am I to tell her that she's not sleepy?

So I tucked her up in her crib with a blankie and her stuffed animals. She's not sleeping. I hear her happy babbling. But if I try to remove her from the crib she's going to have a meltdown. I am convinced that she only does this to confuse me. Isn't that the purpose of small children? Confound and confuse their mothers. It doesn't matter when I go in there, I'll find a naked child proudly smiling over the top rail, her sheet soaked through and her diaper and wet clothing thrown over the side.

There's a reason I haven't taught her how to make knots yet... she'd use that knowledge to tie the clothes to the sheets and break out. Better save that skill for later. Say, when she's eighteen and Daddy takes the car privilege away?

No comments: