ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Traffic court went well, despite the angry face Tiff gave the judge when we took our places before the bench. She glared at him over the top of her hash brown patty as though she was ready to fight anyone who dared take it away from her.

All in all, the entire thing went better than I had any right to expect. I now am the proud owner of 4 points on my base driving record. In real terms this doesn't mean much. It's not reported back to the state, it has no impact on my insurance rates, and only if I rack up 12 points within 12 months do any penalties accrue. Basically it's a slap on the wrist and an instruction to watch the happy feet.

Does anyone know if it's bad to mix yeast with the salt and sugar and flour as a bread-mix? I want to make a few baggies of premeasured bread stuff to store in the fridge so that my baking days will go more smoothly. I have to admit that I haven't baked any bread since moving in. Bad Mommy. Bad, Bad, Mommy for neglecting her family and buying bread from the store. (I am writing this sarcastically, so don't flame me for being too self-righteous here) Also bad mommy for trying to eliminate a nap today until the toddler is actually ready to lay down and sleep without the fussing and whining. My excuse is that I want to try moving it back and maybe cutting it out altogether until we reach the happy place of sleeping through the night. That will be a happy, happy day around here. I'll dance around in my underwear, that's how happy I'll be.

3 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

I could be wrong, but I think putting the yeast in the fridge period will kill it.

Fireflower said...

The fridge won't kill it, since that's been my family's preferred yeast storage method from before I was born. Cool, dry place? As long as the jar or bag is sealed tight, the fridge is as cool as it gets. The freezer, now, I don't know.

My concern is really that the sugar/salt will cause the yeast to proof early [that nifty bubbly thing that it does when it starts growing]

Wildflower said...

I keep my yeast in my frig all the time - and sometimes I don't use it for months! It still works.