ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, March 26, 2007

It’s hard to comprehend the logic that makes me apologize for buying a pair of shoes. While I felt bad about those, I didn’t think about returning them as much as I thought I should return the shirt that leaped into my shopping cart on the way to the checkout. When I told this to the Boy, he started laughing. Then he instituted a new rule: every time I feel guilty about buying something for myself, I have to buy him a beer.

So I’m not returning it. And tomorrow? I am *so* buying that length of fabric that I was thinking about buying for myself last night. Or… I’ll just go ahead and finally place that Big Order at Keepsake Quilting.

Tonight we all traipsed out to the Superior Dairy Company, which has got to be one of the coolest places that I’ve found since moving here. It looks like a big old-fashioned soda parlor from the street, all big windows and bright white walls. When we were handed our ice cream I was bouncing the Toddler on my lap. The first thing she did was to reach out both chubby hands and grab at the whipped cream on top. It wouldn’t come up in her hands so well, and neither would the ice cream underneath. This was problematic, but then she figured out how to get mommy to feed her spoon after spoon of runny, sweet, high-calorie goodness.

Thank goodness for wet wipes. And for beautiful early summer-like days when we can go out and do this. It’s a wonderful time.

No comments: