ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Once upon a time when I still had all my teeth, they were VERY sensitive. So sensitive, in fact, that I had to give up chocolate, candy, ice cream, anything hot or cold, and was down to eating mostly soft, warmish, mushy foods. This is what people used to live with when they had poor dental care. I didn't even have that excuse. It was horrible. Embarassing. I was left out when there were family gatherings and lovely yummy food that I had to pass by or eat horribly carefully and slowly in order to avoid major dental pain. I don't mind certain amounts of pain. I really don't. But dental pain -yeesh. That's a biggie.

There are now a ton of products for sensitive teeth. Some of them whiten, some of them promise to taste better, some sing and dance for you while magically taking out the trash, walking the dog, and toilet-training your children. (Where could I get me that one? I wish!) Biotene is different from the majority of products out there because it contains an enzyme that works to make the causes of dry mouth go away, it helps your gums heal from bleeding and works to counter the sensitivity issues that are causing the pain in the first place. Now, they're not claiming that this product is going to instantly cure you, but it certainly makes the pain less over time while tasting good. What other sensitive toothpaste can say all that?

No comments: