ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, December 12, 2008

I just signed up with acobay today, and for a new site I have to say I like what I saw. It was nicely planned out- the colors are a good fit for what they're presenting, I could surf it without getting a headache (we've all still got the flu, and my eyes hurt), and I especially liked being able to sign up without jumping through a zillion hoops.

What Acobay does, is provide a neat little twist to social networking. Instead of matching you up with people based on interests, it matches you by what stuff you have. If you've got anything, from cars to books to gear, you add it to your "stuff" and you can read what others have to say about that same thing. You can randomly look at the stuff of others and read their comments. I could see this being useful for product reviews- do you trust everything that amazon lists on an item before buying an item? Maybe. Maybe not. Same answer applies to this site, but the people reviewing something may be better trusted than something that comes through the amazon marketing chain. No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I've just been a bit too active reading their websites and have a healthy skepticism.

I added a review of a book I just finished reading. Check it out!

No comments: