ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, October 09, 2006

ah... depression in autumn. Nothing quite like it, is there? I want to spend the majority of every day in bed. Or asleep. Or drugged on Mother's Little Helpers. So what am I doing instead? Baking.

Baking.

Nothing beats the power of the well-timed baked good. Today we had pizza. From scratch. No kits involved- just my raw ingredients, flour, yeast, olive oil... and it turned out pretty decent. Scary, though. I've made bread twice this weekend and pizza once, and two crockpot meals, and I went out last night for a drink. I haven't had a chance to get online since last night because I've been busy cooking. Bless the Boy, he vacuumed yesterday while I was laying down. The munchkin is deciding that since she's a Big Girl now she doesn't need naps. This is good when it comes to getting her good and tired for night-nights, but bad when it comes to Mommy having a nap.

It just feels odd. That's all I'm saying. I'm stuck in the depressive today and I want to kick myself in the butt until it goes away. I just can't get up the motivation to do that.

No comments: