ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It seems that I'm having a hysterical pregnancy. Three separate docs and several tests have confirmed it. I thought this sort of thing went out with the horse and buggy?? Doesn't today's society know better about such things? Somewhere in the ambivalence of Homecoming and the Boy coming back and the wanting another baby and deciding just not yet- my hormones got mixed signals and a few wires crossed. So the solution becomes to just suck up the symptoms and wait until the hormones realize that hey, we're not making a baby here, we can relax and stop all this mayhem.

I'll let you know if that actually works any time soon.

The Boy, who I dragged with to this morning's appointment, is relieved. We'll try for another little one when he's wrapping up the next duty station. In a couple of years. Let's give ourselves some more time to relax and enjoy being parents of this child before we go on and stir up the mix some more.

I'm trying not to get myself all ferhoodled over this anymore. I've wasted enough energy on it. I need to let this go. I need to finish a few of my needlework projects and start cleaning out for the next move. I need, I need, I need... to spend more time enjoying the sunshine and the health of my happy baby and the love of my husband. Stop worrying about tomorrow. Enjoy the moment.

No comments: