ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, October 21, 2006

don't you just hate it when the kids lose weight despite all our worrying and trying to fatten them up? I feel sometimes like I'm fattening a turkey for thanksgiving: "eat, eat! You're too skinny! You'll never get big if you don't eat!"

unfortunately this is probably why I'm still having trouble getting around to making her self feed at 18 months. Granted, she started out at 2lb10oz, but she's not my little teeny micropreemie anymore. She's learning just how far she can wrap me around her little finger. If she puts up enough of a fuss I'll just grab a bottle and put baby food in it and make her a Cool Berry Smoothie (or fruit smoothie, or turkey rice smoothie).

And so we go. I think she's about 20 pounds right now. That's good, right? I think I can stop obsessing about food and weight gain now, but I'm her mom and I still worry.

No comments: