ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What to do when you've got a little bit of cheese, pepperoni, a cup of tomato sauce? Calzones! I made the dough, quartered it, rolled it out, filled it with equal portions of my filling, pinched them shut and baked them. Now I've got 4 lovely calzones; enough to feed us for dinner tonight and the Boy for lunch tomorrow. Yummy. An added bonus: this is a meal that does not require reheating, since his access to microwaves is sporadic at the moment.

I feel happy in feeding my family on a penny-tight budget this week. All it took today is forethought and a bit of planning. I did most of the dough and prep work while the Toddler was eating lunch in her highchair at the table. Easy-peasey, cause she can't climb around my knees when she's in the highchair.

Speaking of which, she's becoming more and more catlike as she grows. I mean, really. Give me a break here. If I want a small mammal to twine around my knees and trip me and beg for food at my knee, I'll get a puppy or a kitten. I sort of expected different behavior from my offspring. Don't know why.

No comments: