ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, October 06, 2006

Is there ever going to be a day when I'm not worried about whether or not she's eating enough, sleeping enough/too much, or the state of her internal processes?

The Toddler is home with me today, the Boy has duty again, and it's just a girl's night at home for us. How to combine that with a schedule that doesn't have me running around like a headless chicken and pulling my hair out? I want to keep her up tonight a little later than last night. I want to start easing us into a Big Girl sleep pattern, instead of the mommy-friendly one that we've been following for most of the past year. It feels like I'm making progress with that, bedtime yesterday wasn't until 1800. Which is still pretty early for a toddler, but considering that she wakes up in the morning around 0500, doesn't seem that early at all.

The currency exchange doesn't take coins either. Which sucks. Here it is, the only place in town that will exchange foreign money, and they will not take coins (unless they're euro 1-pound coins), and they charge so much for exchange as a flat fee that I effectively am now stuck with this instead of the handful of dollars I had hoped for. This is why I'm baking bread tonight and planning the cheapest meals I can think of for this week. I splurged last night at the market- five of the ripest sweetest peaches I've ever seen. Cost me five dollars, but they were about a pound apiece. And SO worth it.

No comments: