ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, October 30, 2006

I do get a very twisted thrill out of the look of disbelief on people's faces when they find out my grocery budget. It's not that it can't be done- it's just that a lot of people can't conceive of living that tightly. I blame my genes for this. While my mother and grandmother could squeeze blood from a copper penny, I can only get saltwater... so I'm not quite as good as they are. But I'm going to get there one day.

Tonight I've decreed it to be baking night. I'm trying to get a jump on this week's baking now, and then it'll be a lighter load the rest of the week when there's a lot going on. I'm finishing some of my needlework projects, too. They've just been hanging over my head so long. I have to finish at least four projects this week. A lot of them are nearly done in any case. The Boy has duty today. Let's see if I can surprise him with something pretty and tasty tomorrow?

Still settling into the new medication. Still tired, nervy, easily frustrated, and to top it all off I'm starting to PMS. So it's good that I'm getting a head start on the week. It's a really good thing.

3 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

So, what IS the grocery budget?

Fireflower said...

roughly? $40 a pay period. $80 a month.

Scary, isn't it?

Sarah and Jack said...

Honestly, I have no clue how you eat food on that! I think I am spending about $200 a month right now, but, we also eat out too much.