ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, October 14, 2006

So nice to see that the USN is practicing safe berthing techniques. As I went to pick the Boy up yesterday I saw the Gianormous Ship-sized condom over the side of the superstructure. Now, I know perfectly well that it's actually a heavy duty tarp/protective covering to guard both the exposed bits and the workmen down below from any injury while the ship is being repaired and spruced up. But it still looks like a giant condom.

I tried a new recipe today. Essentially it's a potato-herb bread stuffed with mozarella. It's delicious. Rich, and filling, and if it's sliced and toasted you've got an instant gourmet treat. I can see myself doing this again, possibly with a crock of soup. After the Toddler went to bed the Boy and I curled up together with a plate of the bread and some wine. I couldn't even finish my glass before my head started aching, though. I don't know why- I wish I could drink like normal people. It would make the urge to drug my depression into submission less pressing.

That's not too good either, is it? So I'll just be happy with what I've got.

No comments: