ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Last night's sleep study proved two things to me. One, that I am indeed becoming "that wife" who finds it hard if not impossible to sleep without her husband. Two, that Tiff has begun to think things out.

We came home from dropping the Boy off at the sleep center. When I lifted Tiff out of the car she cuddled into my arms and we watched the moon and looked at some stars before going into the house. When she asked "Daddy?" I knew she was asking where he was. She's used to going in the car and dropping him off, but not at bedtime. I told her that he had to sleep at the clinic tonight and she looked at me and said "ship." I'm impressed that she made this connection. While it was not the ship that he was sleeping at, it showed that she remembered that sometimes Daddy sleeps elsewhere and we go night-nights. And then in the morning when we wake up Daddy comes back. In the meantime, we are on our Best Behavior for Mommy.

I'm so proud of her. This pride overcomes the dismay at not being able to sleep without him last night. I've obviously become spoiled by having him home every night for the past couple of months.

No comments: