ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, May 14, 2007

Today's the day to panfry an apple. With sugar.

It's something I saw on the food network at one point last week. Why? Because that's one of my tv addictions. There are days when I'm glued to HGTV and FOOD. Don't know why. I have spent the last two years pinned to A&E daytime, which focused mostly on crime reality and crime drama. Now I'm getting all domesticated in my viewing habits. Perhaps it's a phase, perhaps it has something to do with Tiffany and her growing interest in what's happening on the screen. I still turn it off whenever she starts getting glued to it, but even in the background it's not good to expose her to so much violence. Let's expose her to tasteful decorating, pretty flowers, and good food. An unexpected blessing of her internal focus is that I can do/say fairly anything around her and she's not going to take notice of it. We're trying to work out way out of that, and slowly I feel progress is being made. She knows I exist now; more than a pair of hands and a voice in the middle of the night soothing her back to sleep.

Makes my heart melt when she recognizes me. She's been able to recognize me now for a year or so, and it still makes me melt. I guess that's because she firmly ignored me for months; and because to this day she still pretends I don't exist from time to time.

Tiffany loves apples. It was one of her first words used in communicating with us. APPLE. She comes to the baby gate while I'm working in the kitchen and demands APPLE. This is where I found a lot of use in getting the big bag of dried apple wedges. Tuck them in the fridge and she's got an instant apple slice. Today we have no more apple wedges and so I'm going to cut and core an apple and cook it on the stovetop instead of baking it. Do I want to heat up the whole oven and house for one apple? No. It's quicker on the stove. Let's just hope it works out, m'kay?

No comments: