ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, May 18, 2007

What a week it has been. Last night I finally cornered Her Ladyship after dinner, and trimmed her bangs for the first time ever. Now she looks like a toddler girl, and not like a shaggy haystack. I'm glad I wasn't trying anything more daring than a trim of the bangs; even that little bit was hard to get even and to tell the truth I don't know that I managed to get them straight. Either way, I'm not caring that much right now.

Mount Washmore is starting to become unstable. This is because I haven't done laundry for FIVE WHOLE DAYS. Have I been sick? Only with spring flu. Only with the need to do other important things that can't be delayed; things for which laundry can wait. I got my melaleuca box last night and the new candle is starting to smell really good. Instead of the normal bakery scents, I opted to get the cherry blossom. It's been a while since I got a candle that smelled like flowers.

This morning a sweet older lady living next door came over and asked me a question. I don't speak spanish. I tried to convey it to her, but she didn't understand that I didn't speak spanish. It was hard to get annoyed about her; she really was a sweet woman. Apparantly their trash can is full to overflowing and there was still some trash to go out, and since we had room in ours... today being trash day and all. In any case, it worked out without annoyance, hard feelings, or all; I still have to ask myself when it became so that I must speak spanish in order to function in my community? When did it become a crime not to speak English exclusively? I'll try to work with those who try to work with me, but when someone comes up and starts getting all fed up and annoyed that I don't automatically understand and speak spanish? Forget it. Attitude is everything. As in most situations.

No comments: