ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, September 02, 2006

nothing better to do

...than to sit here and feel sorry for myself. HAH! I can clean! I can cook! I can tidy up the drifts of dirty laundry in the bedroom into a neater pile! I can put the Toddler down for her nap.

Well, at least I'm trying to put her down for a nap. She has other ideas. Although she has grasped the "lay quietly in your crib" portion. I wonder if it's too soon to start teaching her the meaning of "Mommy's tired so you need a nap"? Mommy has been awake since 4 this morning, talking to Daddy and trying to get some more sleep. This however is a duty day, which means Daddy's Day Off. Mommy is here trying to stay awake until a certain Small Someone falls asleep. Then I will take a nap. It will be a good nap, a fine nap, a nap the likes of which have not been seen in this house in at least a week.

Now that I'm finally fully back on my feet after the Flu From Hell that knocked us down, I'm feeling back in control of the household. This involves cooking. This involves grocery shopping. This involves other related things that are too boring to name. It feels -empowering. Strange, because a year or two ago I would never have considered housework to be empowering.

It takes all kinds, right?

No comments: