ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The weather outside is a cool 64 degrees right now. There's a light breeze, and the sky is overcast. But that will burn off and reveal a bright shiny sun in about two hours.

I mention this because it's such a contrast to what is in other parts of the world. Somewhere this morning is torrential rain. Somewhere people are praying for rain. Somewhere there is snow, and somewhere it's so hot that you could fry an egg on the rocks. What a difference. And here I sit in paradise, looking fondly at my Toddler as she crawls around making sure that the printer didn't move during the night. Or that any of her toys are missing.

Sometimes we forget just how lucky we are to have a quiet life. Over in the big sandbox I know there are mothers of children her age who will never see such a quiet and well-regulated morning again. I've got a kitchen full of food, and all I've got to do is turn on the faucet to get clean water. That's pretty good. And for all of this I still whine and bitch about how I wish we had more. So today's goal is going to be to start thinking about that. I'm going to start being grateful in a quieter way. I'm going to get back to making preemie blankies. Give something back to the community.

No comments: