ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It should be a no-brainer by now. Get up. Listen for the sweet sounds of Toddler At Play. Decide if she's going to be alright on her own for five more minutes or if I need to haul my butt out of bed sooner and hustle over there to change the pullup, dress her, make her bed and feed her breakfast. Somewhere in there I forget to dress myself or make my own bed- those things may not happen until midmorning if at all. There's laundry to do, dishes to put away, a dishwasher to start reloading, and a dozen other things on my Get Around To It list.

Where to fit in one more thing? Where to start exercising? I don't need to set it aside as something new and different, I just need to get up and on my feet. I can dance around the living room with my daughter; she loves the attention, we both get exercise. If I keep my body moving somehow for fifteen minutes a day, where will that lead? Hopefully to better stamina.

This morning the sky is clear. The air seems, if not fresh, at least less yucky. We're at a middle temperature right now. Not cold anymore, not warm, just a bit chilly and damp. The grass is back to being mowed every weekend in this development. New construction is starting around us. The fields are being plowed and seeded. This is spring, this is a year since we've been at this address. Time to move? Maybe not. Waiting on orders, waiting on finding out where we'll be moving in a year or so from now. There is nothing sweeter than looking forward to a brand new year with new adventures. Nothing sweeter, that is, except maybe having my baby boy come home. Still waiting on that. Still hoping for that to be soon.

No comments: