ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I Heart Costco.

In my entire week, it seems that I've been looking forward to today's trip. So much so that my heart leaped for joy when I found that the Boy had run out of deoderant this morning. Or maybe that was just the lingering stomach flu? I digress. There I was, not an hour ago, gleefully steering the oversized shopping bin around the aisles, trying not to run over any of the spanish-jibbering families who were blocking my way, and feeling an insane desire to run really fast behind the cart, and then jump up on the back axle and ride it down the aisle going WHEEEEEE at the top of my lungs.

I mean it. Where else can I satisfy my cheese lust? A 5lb bag of shredded cheese for 10 bucks. That's like, a sale price on shredded cheese! And it's a 5lb bag! Let's see, that's going to last me about 3 weeks. 4, if I behave myself. The scary thing is, that was not a joke.

In the end I walked away with only the essentials. Cheese, freezer bags, deoderant. There are so many things I could have gotten, that would have broken my budget this month and seriously put a crimp in my plans for the next quarter- but that would also mean that I wouldn't have an excuse to go in every other week. That would break my heart.

No comments: