ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, May 27, 2006

I feel so dirty this morning, as I sit here basking in a little downtime while my daughter rolls around on the floor babbling and giggling while watching Barney. I always said that I'd never resort to Barney. Well, that didn't take into account the difficulty of loading a dishwasher without a small toddler trying to climb into said dishwasher. I rest my case. Barney is definately the lesser of two evils when it comes to not having a screaming child clinging to my legs, climbing into the dishwasher, pulling out all the dirty silverware, and then losing her grip and falling down to hit her head on the cabinet doors and go BOOM.

The groceries will come this morning because last night they had some sort of issue with the delivery van and/or the PM shift. Which in real terms probably means that the delivery guy never showed up, or the truck broke down, or something similar. The customer service manager called me at the end of my delivery window, and apologized for the inconvenience, and they'll come by this morning. I get a credit to my account for being so understanding. I could almost hear a giant wave of relief in his voice when he realized that there was still a smile in my voice and that I wasn't going to give them a hard time or demand explanations or cancel the order or any of the usual asshat things that irate customers often do. He was very happy about it. I can only imagine the yelling that occurred before he called me, because most of the people expecting deliveries last night probably called ten minutes before the close of the window. And I got the call at quarter after. So.

As a mother I have resigned myself to being a jungle gym. I'm some sort of baby furniture, that does tricks, and exists solely for her amusement. And to change poopy diapers. This isn't going to change today. My mission- to wear this child out enough that she both takes her nap and goes to bed on time without a complaint. I don't know if I'm going to be up to it.

No comments: