ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I have a theory that babies are an intermediary stage between pets and people. If not, then why is the baby section of the supermarket usually right across from the pet food? Why else do they make a special “baby food” that resembles something between the two? Maybe they’re really like chia pets. Chia Baby! Sprinkle with water, and wait a few weeks, and it’ll turn into a toddler.

Like this theory you can safely assume that my brains are a little scrambled at the moment. Lulled into a false sense of security by the full night's sleep I got yesterday, and the now worn out sleepy toddler in her crib. I should be sewing on the machine, finishing some blankies and a sundress I cut out yesterday, or cleaning the kitchen. I'm not. I'm sitting here watching a movie and knitting instead.

Who knows? I don't. Tomorrow the Early Intervention team is coming back out to work with us, and I have to get ready for that. I have a bundle of questions to ask about nutrition, feeding, parenting in general... And I should vacuum so that the house looks a bit neater before they get here. I also need to clean my fridge again. It looks like the Blob That Swallowed Hoboken is ready to muster forces and take over the entire bottom shelf.

No comments: