ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, August 12, 2006

All on a summer's afternoon

I'm working on the present for my secret santee through the AltMama gift exchange. It's great- I had originally found the yarn for this project in a clearance bin, and bought it solely because it was soft and felt really good through my fingers. It's going to work up equally lovely. Although it wasn't the right shade for a baby blankie, and there wasn't enough for a sweater, and I had no idea what I'd do with it- just goes to show the power of the stash.

Tiff's asleep. I took a long nap, the Boy is still taking his nap, and Tiff is napping peacefully. My Other Mother is outside reading a book in this gorgeous weather. I'm taking a knitting break to write this and to catch up on some doing nothing stuff. When everybody wakes up will be soon enough to figure out what we're doing the rest of today. I'm guessing it involves getting out to do the recycling. And, possibly, the park.

In other news, what's going on with the greater world out there? Huh? Tell me- what started all this hate and revenge-taking and the thought that violence will solve anything? Who hurt who so badly that the only way they know to deal with it is to dish out the same and greater levels of pain and terror. It's not going to work, you know. Unless they finally go and nuke the hell out of all of us. Only if the whole world is blasted back to subsistance will we stop the cycle of blowing each other up. Will that really be better?

Isn't there something else we could be doing? Getting along? Baking brownies? Golf? Cause it's breaking my heart that my daughter will grow up in this world.

No comments: