ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, August 14, 2006

Reviews

I owe you several Reviews, since my brain’s been away from the desk this past week. Let’s see. For the first owed review we’ll do the Sultan’s Seal, by Jenny White, who I discovered on the new book shelf at the library about two weeks back.

What’s it about? It’s a murder mystery. Is it any good? Sorta. I had a hard time getting through the rapid changes of perspective, although normally I’m really good at that. Of course, 0200 is not the best time to be trying to follow a book like this so that may have been my own fault.




The second owed review is that classic tale of struggle between Man and Cow. I talked about it when I reviewd Thud! last month. The book lives up to the hype, and I had a lot of fun making the Hippopotamus sounds. My Boy says that the part that really creates imagery for him is that of Commander Sam Vimes of the City Watch, battling his way through an underground cave, screaming the words to the story at the top of his lungs.

Personally, I’d have agreed with the dwarves. There are cows down here? What? Who IS this man?

No comments: