ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What did I ever do to him?

Sid Meiers has a lot to answer for. Namely, his concept for the Civilization games, which have my Boy so engrossed that his Homecoming went like this:

get off plane, kiss wife, drive home, order pizza. While pizza is being dished up he had to get out his laptop, hook it up, and install the new expansion pack/download the patches already available. Spend the next couple hours playing. Wife goes to bed alone, not greatly surprised.

Wife wakes up in the morning. Boy wakes up. Coffee and breakfast are made and the computer goes back on. Where it's been for the past 7 hours. He just told me that he's taking a nap now.

So yes, I accept it. I'm a Civ widow in the manner of golf and football widows everywhere. But hey, at least I have physical possession of his body even if his mind's a million universes away and five feet to the left. I knew this was going to happen. I even preordered the game for him so that it would be here the minute he got back. I just- well- I hoped that I'd get a little more cuddle time in before the computer went on for this long.

In other news I'm going to take my melaleuca education up to the next level. Now that I've conclusively proved that the prespot stain remover will make the ickiest coveralls smell like clothing again. You don't know from ICK until you've smelled a pair of coveralls that have been worked in, sweated in, worked in some more, and stuffed into a closed seabag for three days.

1 comment:

Ezraiya said...

I would slap the hell out of him and ask, "How much did you really miss me while you were gone?" and "Do your games really mean more to you than I do?" Personally, I see his homecoming as a little f*cked up, considering how long he's been gone. I would just wake up one of the mornings and leave for the day, to the library, beach, wherever and see if he calls to see where I am. At least in doing that, I'd have an idea of how much I mean to him.

I just had to shake my head at this. It blows my mind that he wouldn't just spend the first few days cuddling up with his wife. Hell, that's all Pat & I have been doing since he's been home. I don't see how anyone else could act differently.

It just blows my mind away.