ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, August 21, 2006

the quiet mind

It's something between zen and praying, I think. You hear about it a lot- quieting your soul. Seeking inner peace. That's something that I as a mother am striving for all the time. Along with my crinolines, pearls, and the ability to wear pumps while vacuuming...

Anywho. I was laying in bed during Tiff's nap trying to do this. It worked great. I didn't sleep, but I feel as though I've slept for three hours, and I'm completely refreshed right now. That, and I took a NoDoz when I got up. That probably has a thing to do with it as well.

So why is it that I don't sleep, crave sleep, and pump my body full of stimulants to avoid sleep all at the same time? I whine about insomnia and chronic fatigue. My friends are sick to death of hearing about it. And yet... I still do it. There's got to be a middle ground out there. I'm looking at the quiet mind for a solution. I know there won't ever be a permanent solution. I'm hoping for something a little more permanent than the scotch tape and rubber band macguyvering that I've been accustomed to.

No comments: