ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

the littlest things

It’s the little things in life. Those little things that can make you or break you. This morning I’m munching on banana bread and warm rice pudding. There’s a crime drama on in the background, and periodically I break to play with the Toddler for some really in-depth giggling.

We’ve got little summer colds. So little that it doesn’t even qualify except for the tickle in my throat and Tiff’s hacking cough. So we’re staying in, mostly, and hiding from society. Who needs other people when you’ve got cable? And broadband? And warm rice pudding?

We had naps already, and it’s not even 11. This is so out of the ordinary for her that I know she’s sick. She went down without a fight, without a whimper, and I didn’t start whimpering until she started making noises to get back up. Medicine. And a spoonful of sugar. And when Daddy gets home I’m going to ask him to cover so that I can go back and sleep a bit more.

I’m SO glad he’s home from PAC now. I’m so glad, and not just because it means that I get a break this afternoon.

1 comment:

John said...

I feel like I'm playing catch up with everything that has been going on with you. First of all FEEL BETTER! I hope that you and Toddler are over your summer colds soon. Being sick is no fun, especially in the summer (and I can commiserate since weebeastie and I just got over one!). Secondly, Betty Crocker is going out of business? I remember having so much fun cooking from their kid's cookbook. Sigh.

I hope things get better for you all soon! And that lying down to find your inner peace sounds really good. I'll have to try that tonight!