ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, August 26, 2006

midnight blogging

I’m sitting here in the middle of the night, again.

I feel better in some ways and nicely loopy in many other ways. Since the Munchkin is asleep and likely to remain so, and the Boy also, and I’ve got the whole place to myself in this frantic rush of energy and cool ideas that won’t seem quiet so affordable in the cool light of morning.

Drinking my water. Got such a dry throat that water needs to be drunk in large amounts to keep me functioning in the world tomorrow. So I’m sitting on the Net because where else am I going to be when my brain is in that silly loopy stage of medicated fatigue and I can’t quite turn my brain off yet to go back to sleep.

I’ve been sleeping for days now. That’s what it feels like. That I’ve been asleep for days. Emerging only one every couple of hours to grab a bottle of water and growl at whoever asks me questions. And even though it was just what I needed then and thanks to God that I had that option for the first time in months…. I felt only a little bit guilty over asking for the help. I woke up to get another drink of water tonight and ended up on the computer. There are worse things. I fully intend to sleep myself out in the morning. I fully intend to make the most of this now, while I can, because hey- these things aren’t going to come again.

There was an article in Redbook a few days ago that I happened to glance at. It dealt with all those work at home projects, the scams and the real ones that are out there- but since they are real they don’t promise lots of money and there aren’t all that many openings, and it’s a different sort of approach from one that I understood works with MLM. Tomorrow I think I’m going to start looking into this sort of thing. In addition to getting ready for my first craft show. In addition to watching my food and medication schedules and all that- cause I have a goal to be able to figure out how to work my penny-saving and little income from survey sites and blogging into a reliable check every month to pay my car note.

And hey, with all the sickness this week, I’m sure that I’d be in worse shape now had I not been using the ecofriendly cleaning stuff all over every surface in the house. I was a mess, everybody else was a mess, and yet- the house doesn’t smell like the normal post-body fluid explosion mess. You know of what I speak, the stale vomit, the excrement-covered sheets, towels, nightthings. My house may be a tornado disaster area, but it’s a sweet smelling one. And a home that I’m happy to be caring for.

No comments: