ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm currently about halfway through the "set" of the Legacy Star quilt. The applique that was giving me such trouble is finished. Yay. Now we're onto the fun that is bias-cut triangles. That make squares. And not just any old squares, but very specific squares that when fitted all together in a big happy family will resemble something pretty. I'll post a picture when this thing is done. I'm running low on motivation this afternoon.

Maybe it's cause I've spent all day in the house. My normal pattern of making up an errand to get out was broken, and I decided to take a nap instead of doing laundry. So sue me. I've still got three days before Homecoming. And what's the point of cleaning before the Wonderful Cleaning Lady gets here anyway? Tonight I'm likely going to sit up late sewing. So right now I'm being a bit -okay, a lot- of a slug. But a Cute Slug, as the Boy reminds me. God, he always makes me laugh. I was laying in bed earlier, trying to convince myself that I wanted to get out from the blankies to make lunch, and it occurred to me that I can barely remember what's it's like to have him living in this house. I mean, I sorta remember, but it's such a distant memory. I guess that means that it's time for him to come home. Or I'll forget why I married him in the first place.

Hah. Not likely. He's still got the nicest eyes and the warmest hug I've ever known.

1 comment:

Sarah and Jack said...

Gah. I came here to see a pic of this quilt already! Photos woman, I need photos!