ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Thursday, June 14, 2007

pregnant mommy-brain strikes again.

I'm hungry, it's afternoon, and I figured I'll just make a double batch of Annie's Mac and Cheese. Good, right? Well, I made a double batch, and I'm looking down at it and it looks kinda puny for two whole boxes. But I clearly remembered using both cheese packets to make the sauce, and then I went to pick up the boxes as part of Tidying Up.

I only made one box of pasta.

So it's back to boiling and another 8 minutes before I can peacefully enjoy the creamy cheesy goodness. Wow. I had no idea that the mommy-brain would stealth-strike this early on.

I guess I really am going to be buying the Super-sized desk calendar for the next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note that although mommy-brain is partly hormonal, major cause is very likely chronic sleep deprivation and/or fragmentation. Getting up to pee every hour or two can be just as hard on your brain chemicals as waking up to care for a crying baby. Do what you can to get some decent sleep. But the calendar is probably also a great idea. Maybe I should get me one of those...

Ila and Opuntia said...

Ahhhh, Annies Mac and Cheese. This brings back memories of my pregnancy with Ila. I love mac & cheese. Unfortunately the kid doesn't do dairy so I have probably 8 more months of no mac and cheese. Please enjoy its cheesy goodness for me too!
Pru