ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Teachers, special help, therapists, my life as a parent is starting to revolve around them all. This morning I found myself wondering when Tiff will be ready for preschool. Isn't that nuts? Another deeper part of me wants to start saying "enough already!" What happened to childhood? What happened to my baby's childhood, is she screwed now if she doesn't get special ed or can I mainstream her?

It's not like there aren't remedial services available. I saw an ad for the Score centers this morning. It combines fun with education. Sounds easy, right? Not always. Every person alive learns differently. The real challenge of teaching is to figure out how a child learns and teach to their strengths and learning styles. Repetition isn't enough, education can't be a one-size fits all experience.

This is the ad I saw, and I'm passing it on. Summer Program



This post brought to you by payperpost.com. Just because of that, don't discount the sentiments behind the post.

No comments: