ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, October 03, 2005

darkness wraps around me
a blanket of comfort against cold
ghost whispers flutter at the windows
tempt me back into the past
I have no time for you
no time for the nightmares that grasp
skeletal fingers reaching back across years
to pull me back into the past
I take a breath
one, another-
clean air here reminds me of the morning
comfort can be found in the dark to hide the secrets
equal comfort can be found in morning's light
which washes away the dreams
I sit alone in the night holding my grief close
my pain tighter
to find that I have no more patience for the past
I have no more time to spend punishing myself for this
a baby stirs in the next room
she knows nothing of my struggles
her pain is not mine, not of my making
yet together we sit in the dark
breathing
waiting for sleep to come
for the pain to ease
for the morning

1 comment:

Fireflower said...

Thanks for reading, and it's nice to meet another Tiffany- that's my daughter's name.